Treating yourself to a reusable glass water bottle is an easy and eco-friendly practice that also helps you save money. Glass bottles with silicone sleeves are quickly gaining popularity as an increasing number of environmentally conscious people are making the switch from plastic bottles. Due to the non-porous nature of the glass material, water tastes clean and fresh for longer, and drinkers don’t need to worry about Phthalates and BPA polluting their water. Here are some of the best glass water bottles that you may spend bucks on, in 2023.
Features to Consider in a Glass Water Bottle
Here is what we consider in our comparisons before we share our final list of shortlisted products, and this is what you should also look out for in your glass water bottle purchase:
- Size and Capacity: The size and shape of the bottle determine whether it will be commute-friendly. You cannot fit a wider bottle in a cup holder while on the go. Also, pay attention to the volume a bottle can hold. You need sufficient capacity if you want to avoid multiple refills. For kids a bottle with 16 ounces of capacity is good, but for athletes and adults who drink more, it is important to get a bottle with a 24-32 ounce capacity.
- Durability: Glass bottles are prone to more breakage than bottles made with alternative materials. However, if you get a bottle with a protective silicone sleeve, it will be durable, so make sure to get those with a sleeve. Also, a leak-proof top is important to ensure that your bottle doesn’t spill water and cause a mess.
- Price: We have shortlisted good-quality and decently priced bottles only.
- Style: Although style doesn’t make it to the top of the list, it is always good to have something nicer-looking to carry instead of plain and boring.
- Weight: Since you will likely be carrying around your bottle while commuting, it is important to consider the weight, so that the glass bottle isn’t any trouble in carrying around.
Top 5 Glass Water Bottles Reviewed
1. 64oz Goswe Motivational Leakproof Bottle
If drinking sufficient water does not come naturally to you, and you have been struggling to change that, the Goswe Motivational bottle will be your friend. It comes with timing instructions and motivational one-liners next to each glass parting. It is a large water bottle that will take care of your day-long hydration needs without the need for a refill. It can hold 64 ounces of water, which is equal to 8 glasses: the recommended daily intake. The motivational hydration markers will push you to drink more, and they add to the overall aesthetic too. Besides these markers, the bottle has a neoprene protective sleeve. Since the bottle itself is quite big, it comes with a removable shoulder strap that allows you to carry it while keeping your hands free. The sleeve has slots to hold your cards and your mobile phone, which means you don’t need to carry a separate bag for your grocery spree or to the gym. It has a pop-up straw that is removable.
- Hand-free carrying with shoulder strap.
- Large capacity
- Neoprene sleeve with slots.
- Cap is prone to leakage.
2. Ello Syndicate Glass Water Bottle
The Ello Syndicate Water Bottle saves you from the worry of water spilling all over the contents of your handbag or gym bag. With its stylish and practical silicone sleeve, it is a great choice for people who like to drink water on the go and have a healthy and active lifestyle. Its lockable flip is perfect for ensuring there is no water spillage. The flip cap is handy as it allows you to open the bottle with just one hand. The Ello Syndicate gets a good grade in terms of functionality and price.
- Ergonomic shape and size.
- Lockable lid.
- Quite plain and not stylish.
3. PROBTTL 32 Oz Borosilicate Glass Water Bottle
The Probttl 32oz Borosilicate Glass Water Bottle is another great option to motivate newbies to reach their hydration goals. Its capacity is more reasonable (32 ounces) so it is easier to carry around, although you might need a refill or two. The hourly time markers let you easily track your hydration progress throughout the day. Another great feature is its leak-proof cap and bamboo lid.
- Leak-proof cap.
- Food-grade silicone sleeve.
- Carry strap.
- 90-day replacement guarantee.
- Hourly markings.
- Basic design.
4. Yomious 20 Oz Borosilicate Glass Water Bottle
The Yominuous Glass Bottle is durable and practical with a silicone sleeve that covers most of the bottle ensuring maximum protection. It features a sustainable design bamboo lid that adds to the style and overall aesthetic. Its borosilicate glass material is capable of handling extreme cold or hot temperatures, making it specially commute-friendly.
- Ergonomic size and shape.
- Lid is not dishwasher friendly and needs to be hand-washed.
5. Tronco 20oz Glass Water Bottle
The Tronco Glass Tumbler is stylish, minimal, and trendy. Its ergonomic shape and size makes it easy to carry around, and the straw is perfect for easy and lazy sips. This tumbler overall is a great choice for keeping you sipping water throughout the day.
- Not very durable.
- Not leakproof.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Read on to find answers to the most frequently asked questions by those considering switching to glass water bottles.
Glass bottles are typically non-porous, therefore, neither do any chemicals seep into your drink nor the bottle retains any flavors. This means that you get to drink fresh and clean water out of a glass water bottle.
No, you cannot. Water expansion upon freezing can cause a glass bottle to shatter.
Most glass bottles have a capacity of 24 to 32 oz, therefore on average a glass bottle can hold three to four glasses of water.
Typically, a glass bottle with its water in use (if kept continuously refrigerated) should maintain quality for four to a maximum of six days.
Use water and liquid soap to clean your glass bottle. Depending on the width of your bottle’s opening, either uses a bottle brush or a sponge to apply the soap. Once done, rinse thoroughly and use a paper towel for wiping off moisture.
Glass bottles are non-porous, so they keep filtered water fresh and pure. Glass bottles retain their clarity even after several washes, which enables drinkers to be certain about the water inside being clean.
Being less porous than plastic, glass water bottles provide an unprecedented water drinking experience that is both odors free and free of any flavor remnants. These bottles are typically easier to wash and nicer to use. With so many available options, you can easily find one that meets your criteria. With glass bottles, you can enjoy sipping water on the go, while being conscious about environmental sustainability too.